Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Warning: Artistic Freedom

I am no profound art critique.  That being said I was at a loss for words when I first saw this piece by Ryan Andrews.  Ryan is a young up and coming artist in Kansas City with a flair for the odd and abstract. When viewing this piece at first I was slightly shocked and offended, but after speaking with Ryan, the method to his madness began to shine through.  This piece could be seen as just another deer with leather, and a whip in its mouth, or a harsh parallel to the inner desires on man through the piercing gaze of nature.  Or perhaps it showcases our primal urges.  However you see this piece remember, art can never be right or wrong, and more often than not it will make us think.  Overall, I salute Mr. Andrews for his bravery with this piece, and can't wait to see what he comes up with next. 

No comments:

Post a Comment